Using sign language with babies helps to jump-start their language, socio-emotional, and cognitive development. Whether your child is a typically developing hearing child, has special needs, or is deaf or hard of hearing, the Baby Signs® program will give your infant a head start in language development and the skills necessary to become a good reader. The benefits of the Baby Signs® program include:
- Allows babies to communicate their needs directly with their parents and caregivers, long before they are able to talk.
- Helps reduce the frustration and tantrums typically seen in a child’s early years.
- Easy to adopt and does not require a lot of extra time or effort.
- Developed based on American Sign Language (ASL) and supports the developmental stages babies are at when first learning to sign.
- Supported by research that demonstrates supportive benefits for early learners, with no detrimental effect on language skills development.
Healthy Minds Consulting provides Baby Signs® workshops using this unique and proprietary approach to teaching our youngest learners to communicate. Our Baby Signs® workshops are designed for groups of parents, early childhood educators, and mental health professionals. To schedule a workshop, contact us at (310) 988-8309 or email us here.
For more information on the benefits of using sign language with children, check out the following: